Cruise Missile 120
|Cruise Missile 120|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Experimental|
|Long Range||150 mapsheets|
|Ammo Per Ton||1/60 (each missile weighs 60 tons)|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||140,000/missile|
|BV (2.0)||2281 (launcher)/285 (missile)|
Until the Federated Suns started researching them, the Cruise Missile had been resigned to history. Basically a large version of the unguided Arrow IV missile, the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns began testing the Cruise Missile in 3065. Unlike the Arrow IV missile system, there is no "guided" or "homing" cruise missile. This relative inaccuracy offsets the tremendous damage they cause. What cruise missiles lack in precision however, they make up for in sheer terror. Even at the tactical level the effect of massive warheads impacting without warning on the battlefield can make even the most experienced and capable units break and flee.
The Cruise Missile 120 is the largest Cruise Missile system tested by the AFFS to make it into common use. With three times the range of their smallest cousin, these warheads can influence a battle far from the launcher location. Despite this, the Cruise Missile 120 wasn't likely to be used often, as WarShip-mounted Capital Missile Launchers are both cheaper and more maneuverable.
There is no information about manufacturers or models.
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 181, "Range Of Weapon List On Table
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Tactical Operations, pp. 284-285, "Cruise Missile - Basic Information
- Tactical Operations, pp. 211-212, Morale Checks - (Cruise Missiles Attack)