|Unit Profile (as of Twenty-ninth century)|
Ever-Free, as detailed in Father Ryan Ramon's True Tales and Popular Stories (3010), was a mercenary unit formed by disgraced Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Talon Sergeant Jur Sturlaugson and former prostitute Katrina Reban. Among the various motley collection of troops "convinced" to join Coordinator Jinjiro Kurita "Chain Gang Missions", Sturlaugson serving in a DCMS convict regiment after refusing to take part in the Kentares Massacre and 28 year old Reban seeking to escape her life in a DCMS brothel on New Samarkand, the pair were assigned to the two-lance strong strike against the FedSuns world of Udibi in 2825.
With their DCMS overseers allowing their charges to behave as they wished in their final hours, many men and women of these doomed missions sought physical solace with each other, with this ultimately blossoming into love for Sturlaugson and Reban. As the AFFS troops easily repelled and scattered the Chain Gang attackers, Sturlaugson desperately searched for his beloved, eventually finding her Stinger cornered by a Davion Marauder and throwing himself in front of a PPC strike that would have killed her. Moved by the pair's plight and story of true love, the resulting media attention led First Prince Paul Davion to grant the pair citizenship in the Federated Suns, both in turn serving in the AFFS before eventually forming their own mercenary unit which they named the Ever-Free. The unit sported a broken chain as their symbol and became an element of the popular history of the Davion state. 
- Jur Sturlaugson (commanding officer)
- Katrina Reban (unspecified)
- Sturlaugson must have had quite a few years on Reban, as she was noted to be 28 years old at the time of the Udibi raid (which had to have occurred in 2825 or later), while he had refused orders to participate in the Kentares Massacre, indicating he had achieved his majority by 2796 or earlier.
- As True Tales and Popular Stories indicates "they formed their own mercenary unit", it is presumed they were both officers within Ever-Free. Due to his prior military service and her apparent lack of it before serving on the Chain Gang mission, it is presumed he was the commanding officer.
- House Davion (The Federated Suns, p. 67 (p. 69, PDF), "The Talon Sergeant and the Prostitute"