- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Engine||Class 10 Fusion Engine|
|Speed||(see notes) km/h|
The Ground Car was presented in MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game (first edition) as a generic piece of equipment, a wheeled road vehicle similar to a regular 20th century automobile in function. A record sheet for the baseline model was published in Record Sheets Volume Five: Vehicles.
At 3 tons, the Ground Car was built under fractional accounting construction rules.
Weapons and Equipment
The Ground Car as presented is unarmed, and armored with 1 ton of armor.
It has been mentioned that some ground cars feature a storage battery instead of a fusion engine.
- Sources disagree on the ground speed of the Ground Car. While MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game states a speed profile under boardgame rules of 9/14 (equivalent to 151.2 km/h max speed), while the record sheet found in Record Sheets Volume Five: Vehicles states a 10/15 movement profile (equivalent to 162 km/h max speed). Combat vehicle construction rules would suggest the latter to be correct for a 3-ton vehicle with a class 10 fusion engine, though it seems strange for a civilian utility vehicle to be built to combat vehicle specs.
- MUL entry
- MechWarrior RPG, p. 58