Heavy Jump Infantry (Royal Gurkha)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Royal Gurkha Battalion, Fourth Regulan Hussars|
|Platoon Type (Specialty)||Jump (None)|
|Platoon Size (Squad/Platoon)||21 (7/3)|
|Primary Weapon||18 Starfire ER Laser Rifles|
|Secondary Weapon||3 "King David" Light Gauss Rifle|
|Armor||Free Worlds League Standard Infantry Kit (3035)|
|Tech Base/Rating||Inner Sphere (E/X-X-E)|
|To-Hit Modifier (Range in Hexes)||–1 (0 Hex), 0 (1-3 Hexes), +2 (4-6 Hexes),
+4 (7-9 hexes)
Perhaps the best known unit of the entire Free Worlds League Military, the Royal Gurkha Battalion of the 4th Regulan Hussars use Heavy Jump Infantry to hit the enemy fast and hard. Their distinctive battle dress includes side-armor plating for additional protection, and their thirty-kilogram jump packs allows each trooper a "jump" range of 60 meters. Though lacking in anti-'Mech training, the legendary reputation of the Gurkhas is well-earned, even in the far-future of the thirty-first century.
The Gurkhas make use of the reliable Starfire ER Laser Rifle as their primary armament, with "King David" Light Gauss Rifle providing squad support firepower. But the most unique weapon they wield are the traditional kukri that each trooper carries into battle.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 200