- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Duke of Liao, Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation|
|Parents||Jasmine Liao (mother)|
Hendrik was the son of Jasmine Liao, and twin brother of Raxal. Hendrik's mother died in office in 2477, leaving his brother as heir-apparent. During the rein of Regent-Chancellor Edmund Salindar, Hendrix became his student. In 2482, his brother Ralax, abdicated the Celestial Throne to him since he had no interest in politics.
Once he became Chancellor, he implemented politics based on his Duke Salindar's enlighten ruled. He set up several semi-autonomous ministries which help serve the people's needs better due to communication gaps between Sian and rest of the Confederation.
During his rule, he showed his appreciation for strong military which he saw as guardians of the people. In his stay as Chancellor, The Lorix Creed developed among his military whom were transitioning from Frontline Armor Tank forces to BattleMech augment force. Hendrik's vision of transition his military MechWarrior based army, help foster founding of the Lorix Order.
Hendrik was well liked, both by his people and members of the Council. However, in 2515 his reign took a turn for the worse when he chose to turn down a more permanent alliance with the Terran Hegemony. This would effect the flow of trade between the two nations, with the Hegemony favoring the Free Worlds League. This caused him to be a target of critics and public scrutiny.
End of his Chancellorship and his Execution
Hendrik was unable change his critics minds about his fateful decision to not join the Hegemony and its effects. He chose to resign in 2520 instead of using his political powers to silence his critics. Having no children of his own, he passed his titles and positions to his brother's son, Kalvin Liao.
Year after his standing down, the new Chancellor mad power, used his Courts of Philosophical Inquiry and Prefect of St. Ives to charge his uncle for treason on false charges that he intended to turn over a military base to House Davion. He was executed personally by his nephew on November 12th, 2521.
Text in the original House Book suggests that Hendrik was Kalvin Liao's father. However, the Liao Family Tree/Succession list for House Liao, shows his father was indeed Ralax and he died in 2518, prior to his son rising to the title of Chancellor.
Titles and Positions
|Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation
| Succeeded by|
|Duke of Liao
| Succeeded by|
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), PDF p. 163 Confederation's Line of Succession - Hendreik Liao's life and death, and succession listing.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 36 Hendrik Liao & The Lorixes - Life and times of Hendrix Liao, good years.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 36 - Hendrik is executed by power-mad Nephew.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), PDF p. 163 Confederation's Line of Succession - Kalvin not the son of Hendrik and his father died before he became Chancellor.