|Indra Infantry Transport|
|Armor||Compound K4 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Consolidated Type 2I|
The Indra Infantry Transport excels at its role as a personnel carrier with three tons of cargo space. It can deliver its payload swiftly to the battlefield with a top speed of 86 km/h, though not as fast as some other transports can. It compensates for that with five tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor that keep its crew safe from even the most damaging gun in the Clan arsenal. The members of the scientist caste who engineered the Indra tried to keep its motive systems safe by using HarJel to repair small tears in the tires. Though this is ineffective against most anti-vehicle weapons, it keeps the tires inflated against the hazards of the road.
The Indra takes its name from the Hindu god of weather and war, who wields a lightning bolt as if it were a bow and arrow. This name likely comes from the Type 22 ER PPC mounted on the front of the combat vehicle. The man-made lightning bolt is capable of inflicting heavy damage to enemies in its way, enabling the Indra's crew to clear a path. It also has a turret with four Series IX Machine Guns that serve to support its own infantry forces in battle against enemy infantry. The quad mount also proves effective against opposing vehicles.
- Indra Infantry Transport (BA) - This the Jihad variant of the Indra. Revised & updated for its mission of transporting Battle Armor, the vehicle Infantry Bay been expanded to handle 5 tons. The vehicle's original weaponry has been completely replaced with the following weapons. It now has a front-mounted Plasma Cannon with 20 rounds. For infantry protection, the vehicle been outfitted with quad of AP Gauss Rifles mounted on a turret. The AP-Gs have been given 80 rounds of ammnunition stored in main body. For protection in rear, the vehicle been given a single B-Pod. To improve the vehicles sensors, it has been given a Light Active Probe. BV (2.0) = 728
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 108
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 69
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 70 - Indra - Jihad era Battle Armor Transport variant.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 46-47