Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
|Jihad Hot Spots: 3070|
|Development|| Herbert A. Beas II |
Randall N. Bills (Assistance Development)
Diane Piron-Gelman (Product Editing)
|Primary writing|| Herbert A. Beas II |
David L. McCulloch
|Cover artwork|| Klaus Scherwinski (Cover Art) |
Jason Vargas (Cover Design)
Randall N. Bills (Art Direction)
|Interior artwork|| Jim Nelson (Header Design) |
Chris Lewis (Additional Graphic Elements)
|Illustrations|| Gerhard Mozsi |
|First published||January 1st, 2006|
Jihad Hot Spots: 3070 picks up where Dawn of the Jihad left off, updating the course of the Jihad through 3070. The book is again divided up by faction, but the greater division is in time, specifically one section for six months. In addition to information on the Inner Sphere and Clans, some information about the Periphery finally trickles out in the source book. Also of note is the continuation of the style of Dawn of the Jihad, including the journalistic treatment the events are given. Perhaps the most notable shift is the inclusion of scenario tracks at the end of each major section, rather than in one large annex at the end of the book. Instead, that space is reserved for other rules, including the use of nuclear weapons, which is in addition to the usual new units that accompany a source book.
From the back cover
|‚Äú|| For a year, the winds of chaos have scoured the Inner Sphere, as terrorism and weapons of mass destruction are used on a scale not seen since the First Succession War. Confusion reigns, and each faction finds itself isolated amid its own turmoil. All seems lost. Yet as a new decade dawns, glimpses of the greater whole begin to appear through the dark clouds. The true battle has only just begun...
Jihad Hot Spots: 3070 continues the stunning events revealed in Dawn of the Jihad, using the same rolling format and immersing readers directly in the action as never before. Players of both Classic BattleTech and Classic BattleTech RPG will find framework rules to run any type of campaign in regions throughout the Inner Sphere.
- "The Shrouded Blade"
- A Sphere in Flames
- Late 3068: Fighting Blind
- Early 3069: The Fog of War
- Late 3069: Death from Above
- Early 3070: Blake Ascendant
- Late 3070 The Time of Trials
- Taking Stock
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070 Rules Annex
- Record Sheets
- This sourcebook, or at least parts of it, makes an in-universe appearance as a data file named "Jihad Hot Spots" in the short story Blue Waters.
- Editors: whenever you cite Jihad Hot Spots: 3070 in an article, please also cite the relevant pages from Blake Ascending, which duplicates each page from Dawn of the Jihad page-for-page. In Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, each page is exactly the same as the same page in Blake Ascending, when 160 is added to the page number from Jihad Hot Spots: 3070 (ex: JH:3070 p. 40 is the same as BA p. 200).