- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Armor||Forging FF01 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||210 General Systems XL|
|Communications System||Raldon R1|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban HiRez II|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Leaper Model L6|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,439|
Following the Abjuration of Clan Nova Cat, Khan Santin West ordered a team of scientists who had been captured from Clan Smoke Jaguar to design a BattleMech that could be produced in the Inner Sphere. They attempted to create a 'Mech similar to the Pack Hunter, but ER PPCs were sparse at the time. The team got its break when the Cats acquired a cache of Heavy Large Lasers from Clan Diamond Shark in 3065. They had to rework the original concept of duplicating the Pack Hunter, which eventually became the Ocelot. The 'Mech was approved for production in early 3067.
The Ocelot is a somewhat inexpensive 'Mech that is effective at medium-short range. In order to have the room it needs for its weapons, it saves weight by using an XL Engine and six and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. It also has enough jump jets to move up to 180 meters at a bound. A Irecian "Squealer" Light Active Probe ensures that the pilot of an Ocelot is rarely surprised.
Weapons and Equipment
The main gun of the Ocelot is its Model X Heavy Large Laser. The laser deals a lot of damage for its size, though it suffers from inaccuracy. To back that up, the Ocelot mounts a pair of Series 2d ER Medium Lasers that have the same range profile as the large. The fifteen double heat sinks on the Ocelot keep it fairly cool, though continued maxing out of the heat curve can eventually result in significant heat buildup.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 138
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 137
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 258
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 146
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 136
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 113
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 259
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 114
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 260
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 100
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 138, 146-147
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 136-137
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- Record Sheets: 3075
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3075
- MWDA Dragon's Fury Dossier of J. Sterling
- MWDA Spirit Cats Dossier of Lenell Nova Cat
- MWDA Spirit Cats Dossier of Rob Hoge
- Master Unit List.pdf