- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||CJF Factory Zone 4|
|Chassis||Olivetti Stage 9|
|Armor||Raydient Series 5|
|Engine||Gorvachs 300 XL|
|Communications System||Raptor X-T Type iii|
|Targeting Tracking System||Goshawk E-Series|
|Heat Sinks||17 Double heat sinks|
The Jupiter was designed by Clan Jade Falcon to complement their premier assault 'Mech, the Turkina, during the Jihad. Although not as versatile as the Turkina, it was developed from the most commonly available parts at the time, giving the Jupiter a rugged and easily-repaired design that many other designs cannot match. Due to its durability, Jupiters have been spotted in many mercenary and House armies throughout the post-Jihad Inner Sphere.
Weapons and Equipment
The Jupiter is armed for long range combat. The 'Mech mounts a pair of Type XX ER PPCs and two Series IV LRM-15 launchers, giving it excellent long range capabilities. These are backed up by four Type DL Ultra AC/5s which allow the 'Mech to put a large volume of fire downrange. Additionally, the ER PPCs allow the 'Mech to stay in combat when its ammunition-dependent weapons have been silenced due to a lack of ammunition in prolonged engagements.
- Jupiter 2
- The Jupiter 2 is a more maneuverable variant of the Jupiter. The 'Mech removes the Ultra AC/5s and replaces them with a pair of Ultra AC/10s. The LRM-15s have been upgraded with Artemis IV for increased accuracy. Finally, to increase its maneuverability, the Jupiter 2 has had jump jets added that allow it to jump up to ninety meters. BV (1.0) = 2,915 BV (2.0) = 3,278
- Kyle Powers, Knight errant of the Republic, piloted a Jupiter, probably his own mech, during his mission in Achernar, being killed at his command by the Steel Wolf Torrent.
- Raul Ortega, Achernar Mechwarrior, used Kyle Powers mech after his death, taking his place as leader of the republic forces in Achernar.
- Major Catford: Old republican officer, who leaved his post in a Guard republic's unit, trying to form a mercenary regiment (who he named Heavy Eridani Horse) without succes... In 3133 reappeared in republican's planet Basalt, as a commander of a mercenary unit under orders of Aldrington Emblyn. With his Jupiter, crushed an attack of their rival mercenary unit, but when his force attacked Obsidian Island, the prision in which Emblyn was emprisioned, his own unit betray him, passing to the enemy. With his mech destroyed, he ejects... but his ejection seat crashed on a rock, killing him.
- Wesley Parks officer of Bannson's Raiders, who fight against Combine invasion in planet Saffel, in 3134. His later destiny is unknown.
The Jupiter was originally introduced to the BattleTech universe by WizKids in their MechWarrior: Age of Destruction Collectible Miniatures Game. The design first appeared in then called Classic Battletech in record sheet form with the print-only publication of Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I. Principally BattleTech-style stats were given to the Jupiter in the form of Dossiers releases at initial release of the game for unique pilots. The Standard version of the Jupiter and the Jupiter 2 originated from the dossiers and later exclusive Dark Age Record Sheet Book. Which went out print for a time.
The Jupiter would later re-introduced into the Battletech universe with release of Technical Readout: 3075, where third variant was introduced. The Wizkids' Liao Incursion have unique pilots with dossiers featuring then unnamed Jupiter 4 variant, which sported missile launchers in place of the autocannons. This variant's record sheet would not be introduced until Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades was published.
- MUL online date for the Jupiter
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 149, "Jupiter 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 278
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 133
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 279
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 134
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 280
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 196
- Master Unit List
- MWDA Dossier - Leala Banach (Liao Incusion)
- MWDA Dossier - "One-Eye" Jack Farrell (Dark Age)
- MWDA Dossier - Erin Johnston (Dark Age)
- MWDA Dossier - Geo Keane (Liao Incursion)
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Record Sheets: 3075
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3075