- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Lebedev Nautical Enterprises|
|Use||Bulk Liquid Tanker|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Naval (Large, Template D)|
|Cruise Speed||30 km/h|
|Flank Speed||50 km/h|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Natural Gas/8,000 km|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 6|
|Crew||17 (3 officers, 14 enlisted/non-rated)|
The Kaleen Bay-class Tanker is an oceangoing naval support vessel designed to convey liquid types of cargo. It was originally produced by Lebedev Nautical Enterprises on Tikonov started in the early 27th Century. The ship shared similar design features with the Anastaska Maro-class Seafreighter. The ship was noted for its basic and low-tech design traits which allowed it to be easily operated and manufactured.
Equipment and Capabilities
The basic feature of the ship is its ability to carry various forms of liquid cargo. The Kaleen Bay is designed mainly to convey fuel, however it is also able to handle other forms. It is noted for its liquid storage cell versatility, specially with the ability to sterilize and insulate its liquid cargo. This can range from potable water to various chemicals for all sorts of applications. The ship is able to transfer cargo through a series of pumps to either shore facilities where it may be docked or to one of the assigned maritime light seacraft that can relay its liquid cargo to shore where it is unable to dock.
The ship's hull features a powerful natural gas-powered ICE power plant, which has been designed to allow the ship to move at a reasonable pace across the water, with a range of eight thousand kilometers. Its hull is protected by 41 tons worth of BAR-6 grade armor, giving it some resilience against damage from natural and man-made hazards.
The ship has 8,004 tons insulated liquid storage cells with (9,200 tons), 6 Doors (2 doors per arc except for aft), 4 Light Vehicle Bays (200 tons) with 2 Doors (Aft) and 284.5 tons of standard storage.
There are cosmetic variations of the Kaleen Bay;
- Kilkenny Falls-class Oil Tanker
- Based on the Kaleen Bay, this version of the ship was produced by Skye Pleasure Craft Limited of Skye. The only notable difference from the Kaleen Bay is its split superstructure, which places the ship's controls on the port side of the ship, while the starboard superstructure houses the crew's recreational spaces.
The Kaleen Bay has the following design features; 12 Searchlights in pairs of 2 all of its hex facings except for its front/bow. The ship has 4 person 1st-class and 40 second-class sleeping quarters. It has a MASH equipment (1 theater), two Lift Hoists in its front right and left sides, and 20 maritime lifeboats.
As of this writing, there are no published record sheets currently available for the Kaleen Bay Tanker or any assigned Battle Value.
The image used for the Kaleen Bay was originally edited from Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex for the MUL. The picture shows the identity which vehicle appeared originally in the entry was the Kaleen Bay.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 162, "Kaleen Bay Tanker"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 164, "Kaleen Bay Tanker"
- online date for the Kaleen Bay