|Manufacturer||Lebedev Nautical Enterprises|
|Use|| Oceangoing Cargo Ship |
Large Vehicle Tansport
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Naval (Large, Template D)|
|Cruise Speed||30 km/h|
|Flank Speed||50 km/h|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Natural Gas/8,000 km|
|Fitted Equipment|| MASH Equipment |
4x Lift Hoists
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 6|
|Crew||17 (3 officers, 14 enlisted/non-rated)|
The Anastaska Maro-class is an oceangoing naval support vessel designed for traditional general bulk or non-liquid types of cargo across vast water worlds. The early twenty-seventh Century design was originally created by Lebedev Nautical Enterprises (LNE) on Tikonov in the Capellan Confederation. The ship shares design features with the Kaleen Bay-class Tanker. Both ships were noted for their shared basic and low-tech design traits which allowed them to be easily used and manufactured. Like its near sister ship, the Anastaska Maro was highly popular and was licensed to other manufactures to be built on large water worlds.
Like many civilian industries, Lebedev Nautical Enterprises' production lines were destroyed during the Second Succession War. However the Anastaska Maro's design specs, along with Kaleen Bay, would continue to be duplicated throughout the Inner Sphere.
Equipment and Capabilities
Anastaska Maro is powered by a powerful natural gas-powered ICE power plant, which has been designed to allow the ship to move at a reasonable pace across the water, with a range of eight thousand kilometers. The design's hull is protected by forty-one tons of BAR-6 grade armor, giving it some resilience against damage from natural and man-made hazards.
For its main task of moving various forms of general dry cargo, the design features a Roll on/Roll off style configuration. This layout features a series of ramps which allows for external loading and unloading of bulk goods, along with interlocking doors between various cargo bays. These features allows the crew and cargo handlers to move cargo and vehicles throughout the ship and when it lands at port. The ship also features four large Heavy type vehicle bays.
- Anastaska Maro (Command Post and Escort Carrier)
- Two separate conversions for military use, both were intended as a maritime version of the spacegoing Q-Ship. This variation converts a standard Anastaska Maro which has some of its cargo capacities changed to make way for a flight deck and additional communication equipment. The conversions would given defensive weaponry, while a ship still carries out a normal "freighter" tasks of delivery cargo.
- Ashigaru-class freighter
- Based on the Anastaska Maro, this a cosmetic variation. The Ashigaru is different from its original design because its manufacturer, Nav Hull of New Samarkand, chose to make the design more blocky and have it propelled by a Petrochemical powered engine. The ship's other feature was that they chose to minimize the number of crewmembers required. Due to its powerplant's exhaust, it was nicknamed the "Ash Barge".
The Anastaska Maro has twelve Searchlights in pairs on all of its hex facings except for its bow. The ship has a four-person 1st-class and a forty-person second-class sleeping area. It also has MASH equipment, four Lift Hoists in its front right and left sides, and twenty maritime lifeboats.
As of this writing, there are no published record sheets currently available for the Anataska Maro and its variants.
Please note that much of the Anastaska Maro's basic stats are shared with the Kaleen Bay. However, these ships are different designs and as not noted as variants of each other.
The image used for the Anastaska Maro was originally edited from the TRO: Vehicle Annex for the MUL. The picture shows what originally was the Anastaska Maro.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 162, "Anastaska Maro Seafreighter"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 164, "Anastaska Maro Seafreighter"
- http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Details/3698/anastaska-maro-class-freighter-standard/MUL online date for the Anastaska Maro]
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 231 "Armed And Dangerous" - "Anastaska Maro's two alternate conversions for military use.