|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||StarSlab/1 Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE|
|Engine||GM 350 Extralight Fusion|
|Communications System||Basix 220|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scope 2000|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,226|
The Kinnol Main Battle Tank is a frontline combat unit that served Republic of the Sphere's RAF since 3083. The tank was produced by Aldis Industries as part of Republic's attempt to create a standard armor unit for its armed forces. The vehicle was named for General Nicolas Kinnol, the third commanding officer of the Star League Defense Force.
The Kinnol conducted a number of secret combat trials prior to its production being approved in 3083. The Republic deployed a lance of the vehicles to various pirate-ridden worlds such as Astrokaszy. The Kinnol lance was credited with demolishing a mixed company of 'Mechs and tanks. These trials were deemed a success, as the Kinnol lance only lost one of its vehicles.
The Republic had the vehicle designed with an expensive XL Fusion Engine, to allow the vehicle enough speed to out-maneuver its enemies. Also, the vehicle is protected by twelve tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, with a higher amount of armor allotted to its front.
Weapons and Equipment
The Kinnol's main weapon is its turreted mounted Mydron Exel LB 10-X Autocannon, which used mixed weapon loads allowing it flexibility between hitting power and accuracy. An Extended Range Medium Laser is coaxial to the Autocannon as a complimentary weapon.
- By 3085, the proposal for second variant had been drafted and was introduced in 3086. The new variant would retain the MML-5's but drop the LB 10-X for a standard PPC. Also, the ER Laser would be changed out for a standard Medium Laser, but a C3 Slave Computer installed to help improve vehicle's weapons accuracy. The vehicle would be fitted with 3 Machine Guns to enhance its anti-infantry ability. BV(2.0)= 1,212
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 38-39, "Kinnol MBT"
- MUL online date for the Kinnol
- The Star League (sourcebook), p. 105, "Nicolas Kinnol's profile"
- MUL online date for the Kinnol MBT (PPC) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 56
- MUL online date for the Kinnol MBT (RAC) variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 59