|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||StarSlab/1 Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE|
|Engine||GM 350 Extralight Fusion|
|Communications System||Basix 220|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scope 2000|
|BV (2.0)|| 1,226|
The Kinnol Main Battle Tank is a frontline combat unit that served Republic of the Sphere's RAF since 3083. The tank was produced by Aldis Industries as part of Republic's attempt to create a standard armor unit for its armed forces. The vehicle was named for General Nicolas Kinnol, the third commanding officer of the Star League Defense Force.
The Kinnol had conducted number of secret combat trials prior to its production being approved in 3083. The Republic had deployed a lance's worth the vehicles to various pirate-ridden worlds such as Astrokaszy. The Kinnol lance was credited in demolishing a mixed company of 'Mech and tanks. These trials were deemed a success, as the Kinnol lance only lost one of its vehicles.
The Republic had the vehicle designed with expensive XL Fusion Engine, to allow vehicle enough to speed to out-maneuver its enemies. Also, the vehicle is protected by twelve tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, with it higher amount of armor allotted to its front.
Weapons and Equipment
Kinnol's main weapon is its turreted mounted Mydron Exel LB 10-X Autocannon, which mix weapons loads allows it flexibility of hitting power and accuracy. An Extended Range Medium Laser is coaxial to the Autocannon as complimentary weapon.
- By 3085, the proposal for second variant had been drafted and was introduced in 3086. The new variant would drop the LB 10-X for a standard PPC. Also, the ER Laser would be changed out for a standard Medium Laser, but a C3 Slave Computer installed to help improve vehicle's weapons accuracy. The vehicle would be fitted with 3 Machine Guns to enhance its anti-infantry ability. BV(2.0)= 1,212
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 38-39, "Kinnol MBT"
- MUL online date for the Kinnol
- The Star League (sourcebook), p. 105, "Nicolas Kinnol's profile"
- MUL online date for the Kinnol MBT (PPC) variant Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "MUL2" defined multiple times with different content
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 56
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 59