Kossandra Centrella (Individual Athena-class WarShip)
- This article is about the Athena-class WarShip. For the Magestrix of the Magistracy of Canopus, see Kossandra Centrella.
The Reunification War
The first MCS Kossandra Centrella was the second ship of her class and entered service at some point between the launch of the first-of-class ship, the MCS Athena, in 2569 and the eve of the Reunification War. The Kossandra Centrella and the Athena were the only two ships of the Athena class to be built before the War erupted.
Neither the Kossandra Centrella nor her sister ship survived the Reunification War, having either been destroyed or damaged beyond repair. Most of the Canopian WarShip fleet was destroyed during the failed raid on the Star League Defense Force supply facilities in the Thurrock system in July 2683,, although a pair of Canopian corvettes had been destroyed during the invasion of Tetski in late 2682. It is likely that the Kossandra Centrella was one of the ships lost at Thurrock; however, although the battle at Thurrock accounted for the majority of the small Canopian WarShip fleet, the last two remaining Canopian WarShips to remain combat-worthy were known to have been active in the Canopus IV system when the SLDF invaded in March 2684, and the Kossandra Centrella may have been one of those two ships.
Star League Era
The shipyards responsible for producing the Magistracy's two Athena-class cruisers prior to the Reunification War were operated by the Athena Corporation, a company that began as a combination think-tank and engineering firm in the Canopus IV system. The crippling of that shipyard during the War put an end to domestic WarShip production in the Magistracy for centuries; it wasn't until the completion of the Diamond Garter Fleet Yards in 2725. While the Diamond Garter shipyards were intended to serve as a supply station and JumpShip dry-dock for the Star League Defense Force and the Department of Mega-Engineering, the Magistracy was able to use the yards to support and then grow the Canopian WarShip fleet. One of the ships added to the Canopian fleet shortly before the Amaris Coup was the Athena-class Kossandra Centrella.
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 10, "Infrastructural Integrity"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 5, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 4, "WarShips of the Territorial States"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 102-103, "Thurrock (July 2683)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 101-102, "Tetski (September-November 2682)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 103, "Canopus (March-April 2684)"