|Lethal Injection: Inauspicious Beginnings|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Colonel Ryan O’Neil|
The Lethal Injection was formed in 3056 on Outreach, as the result of a tax-write off. Using funds provided by a Magistracy of Canopus Colonel, the unit began hiring troops. The two-battalion strong unit signed their first contract with the Magistracy of Canopus. Attached as a garrison force to the planet Hardcore the command had time to consolidate. They learned most of their skills by engaging in combat with pirates rather than using training exercises. During the FedCom Civil War the Shen-sè Tian tried to raid Zanzibar. The defending Injection laid traps and ambushes which cost the pirates heavily.
The unit was tasked with the security of the Victoria 'Mech plants of the CCAF in 3070. The defending CCAF forces had animosity against all mercenaries and challenged the command. The actions resulted in an open fight which cost both sides significant resources. The Prefectorate Guard was tasked to secure the Spaceport and the mercenaries were the defenders of the production line. Though this has stopped further misunderstandings and conflicts, the mercenary forces were also deprived of their basic supplies due to this separation.
During the Victoria War Lethal Injection served as the garrison for Jacson. During that time they faced Holt's Hilltoppers, who eventually forced the Injection from the world. Lethal Injection left a third of their unit behind on the world, but they were able to alert the Strategios to the invasion that would start the Victoria War. After withdrawing from Jacson they moved to Victoria. They were stationed outside the Earthwerks Incorporated plant on Victoria, supplemented by corporate security and static defenses. Lethal Injection defended the facility, but the 1st Federated Suns Armored Cavalry drove them out of the plant. The 5th McCarron's Armored Cavalry reinforced the mercenaries. Together they fought their way into the plant, but the First Cavalry was able to hit the Lethal Injection's flank and wiped out the unit completely.
The 1st Battalion uses stealth and speed for hit-and-run tactics. The 2nd is skilled in traps and ambushes.
Dragoon Rating: D
- CO: Colonel Ryan O'Neil
- CO: Colonel Ryan O'Neil
- Strike Battalion: Major Henry Mosley
- XO/Battle Battalion: Major William Ramsey
- Is a medium Battalion with one command independent lance.
- CO: Colonel Ryan O’Neil
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 86, "Lethal Injection Unit Profile"
- Mercenary Supplemental Update, p. 85, "Lethal Injection Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 26
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, pp. 50-51
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 53
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 160, "Mercenary Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- Periphery (2nd Edition), pa. 41, The Magistracy Armed Forces - Deployment as of 3058