Long Tom Cannon
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Long Tom Cannon|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Experimental|
|Year Availability||3012 (LC)|
|Short Range||1 - 6|
|Medium Range||7 - 13|
|Long Range||14 - 20|
|Extreme Range||21 - 26|
|Ammo Per Ton||5|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||20,000|
|BV (2.0)||329 (cannon), 41 (ammunition)|
The Long Tom Artillery Cannon is a scaled down version of the Long Tom Artillery Piece designed for use as an on-board indirect fire weapon. Capable of being mounted on 'Mechs, combat vehicles, and AeroSpace Fighters, the Long Tom Cannon is a snub-nosed version of the artillery piece of the same name. The Long Tom Artillery Cannon fires its shells in an indirect arc, dropping them down on top of enemy units.
Errata in Tactical Operations now states that the Artillery Cannons may only use standard artillery munitions. As an area-affect weapon, the Long Tom Cannon may not benefit from a targeting computer. Artillery Cannons can target a hex, but never benefit from the -4 to-hit for immobile targets. They may be used for indirect fire using the Indirect LRM Fire rules to determine target numbers, but Artillery Cannons cannot make regular artillery attacks. Missed shots scatter like standard artillery, but divide the scatter distance by one half to account for the smaller propellant charges.
The Piece is manufactured on the following planets:
|Thousand Fire||Bithinia||Bithinian Ballistics||TR-13G Transit|||
(References to Long Tom Cannon)
The Long Tom Cannon has been used in various video games, each with their own stats for the weapon; below is a list of the games that use it along with a link to each version's stats:
- Tactical Operations, p. 285, "Artillery Cannons"
- Tactical Operations, p. 404, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 174, "TR-13G Transit"