- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Aithon Assault Transport|
|Manufacturer||Swedenborg Heavy Industries|
|Mission|| Heavy Infantry Transport |
Direct-Fire Artillery Support
|Armor||Composite Alpha-V1 Ferro-Lamellor|
|Engine||300 Fusion Extralight|
|Speed||54 kph km/h|
|Communications System||Build 1685 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI Integrated TTS|
The Aithon Assault Transport is a Clan heavy infantry transport first produced by Swedenborg Heavy Industries in 3084 for Clan Hell's Horses. Created as a new design, the Aithon serves as a replacement for the various vehicles that the Clan is no longer to produce. The Aithon is slow, but it is a well armored design which sports 12.5 tons of advance tech Ferro-Lamellor Armor. In addition to its damage reducing armor, the vehicle's vulnerable traction system is protected with a 10-ton Armored Motive System.
One of the vehicle's principal features is its Infantry Bay, which is able to handle upwards to 10 tons worth of troops.
Since being introduced into service, the Hell's Horses have distributed these machines into its Assault Clusters.
Weapons and Equipment
The Aithon's main weapon is its Model LT-Max Long Tom Artillery Cannon, the forward-mounted weapon principally used to blast away at bunkers and other defensive positions. The Cannon has three tons of ammunition which is protected by CASE. For close-quarters combat, the Aithon relies on its four turreted mounted Medium Pulse Lasers.
- The technology listed in this vehicle have been re-rated according to the Jihad Technology Advancement Table found in TRO: Prototypes. The vehicle's Ferro-Lamellor Armor and Long Tom Artillery Cannon brings the Aithon's tech level to the Advanced Tech rating. It should be noted that first printing/PDF release of the TRO:Prototypes does not list Ferro-Lamellor Armor's Class being changed from Experimental (found in TacOps) to Advanced. This is Errata listed in forums of offical Battletech website Forums. Master Unit List for Aithon also lists vehicle as Advanced as well.
- MUL online date for the Aithon
- MUL Profile of Aithon Assault Transport listing BV(2.0)
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 81, BV2 & Design Quirks.
- TRO:Prototypes, p. 81-82 Aithon Assault Transport - Background information and stats of the Aithon.
- TRO:Prototypes, p. 81 - Aithon's Weapons Stats.
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, pp. 206-208, "Jihad Technology Advancement Table" - Tech levels for Aithon's components vary from Total Warfare/TechManual construction rules.
- Errata for TRO: Prototypes lists Ferro-Lamellor as missing and classified as Advanced Technology.