Ministry of Information, Intelligence, and Operations
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Formed in 2798 the Ministry of Information, Intelligence, and Operations (MIIO) is the civilian intelligence arm of the Federated Suns. Its military counterpart is the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns' Department of Military Intelligence.
The MIIO was created during the First Succession War to address a problem with Military Intelligence: at that time all information on other realms was gathered and analyzed by the DMI, and military officers would decide what (if anything) their civilian counterparts needed to know.
As of 3025, the MIIO consists of four divisions:
- Information Gathering Division
- Covert Operations Division
- Bureau of Internal Investigations
- Counterintelligence Division
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction, p. 23 - "Succession War Era"
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 60