Ministry of Information, Intelligence, and Operations
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Formed in 2798 the Ministry of Information, Intelligence, and Operations (MIIO) is the civilian intelligence arm of the Federated Suns. Its military counterpart is the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns' Department of Military Intelligence.
The MIIO was created during the First Succession War to address a problem with Military Intelligence: at that time all information on other realms was gathered and analyzed by the DMI, and military officers would decide what (if anything) their civilian counterparts needed to know.
As of 3025, the MIIO consists of four divisions:
- Information Gathering Division
- Covert Operations Division
- Bureau of Internal Investigations
- Counterintelligence Division
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction, p. 23 - "Succession War Era"
- A Guide to Covert Ops, p. 60