- This article is about the Dante-class frigate. For the Interstellar Expeditions JumpShip, see Montpelier.
Constructed in 2948, the Montpellier was the third of class of the Dante-class WarShip and in 3062 was a part of the Com Guard First Fleet, operating from the ComStar fleet base at Luyten 68-28. The CSV Montpellier remained in service with ComStar as of 3067, but it was subsequently believed to have taken part in the Word of Blake's nuclear bombardment of Alarion in April of 3069. This would mean that the vessel had to have been captured by the Word, but it was later determined that the Montpellier had been destroyed in the Columbus system and that one of two new Dante-class ships manufactured by the Word of Blake was most likely involved in the attack on Alarion.
The Montpellier was the last of the Dante-class of ships to be constructed by ComStar due to the cost of supporting the other vessels within the ComStar navy and the difficulty in hiding the existence of the vessels and their associated crews and support staff.
The destruction of all three ComStar Dante class vessels was confirmed by BattleTech Devloper Øystein Tvedten in the Catalyst Game Lab BattleTech forums:
|“||No ComStar Dantes were captured by the Word of Blake. Bordeaux died at Luyten, Monpellier (sic) at Columbus, and Narbonne bit it during Case White.||”|
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 29 Oct 2011|
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 202, "Dante (Frigate)"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 44, "The WarShip Fleet"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 83, "ComStar Naval Assets"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 45 & Blake Ascending, p. 205, "Desperate Getaway"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Word of Blake Naval Assets"
- Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 29 Oct 2011