Multi-Modal Cybernetic Ear Implant
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A Multi-Modal Cybernetic Ear Implant was an advanced type of cybernetic ear developed for the Manei Domini. Unlike the crude replacement ears used by other Inner Sphere intelligence agencies, the multi-modal variant combined the effects of both the Enhanced and Signal Pickup models. The implants also provided for a more sensitive connection when used in conjunction with VDNI and allowed the warrior to synchronize more fully with their machine's external sensors. Available to agents of Omega rank or higher, one or both ears could be modified with multi-modal implants or used along with a standard cybernetic ear.
In RPG play Multi-Modal ears have the same capabilities as normal cybernetic ears and may be cosmetically modified the same way. Switching between different hearing modes requires an Incidental Action. In CBT play they also provide the same benefits to infantry as normal cybernetic ears but when used in combination with VDNI allow vehicles, 'Mechs and battle armor units (as long as the majority are so equipped) with an Active Probe whose range is two hexes. If the unit already has a functioning Active Probe the Multi-Modal/VDNI combination increases the range by 1 hex.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 127, 131