- This article is about the combat vehicle. For the individual Argo-class DropShip, see Myrmidon (Individual Argo-class DropShip).
|Myrmidon Medium Tank|
|Manufacturer||New Earth Trading Company, Jalastar Aerospace|
|Armor||ArcShield Maxi II|
|Engine||Nissan 200 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||O/P R Janxiir|
|Targeting Tracking System||TargiTrack 717|
The Myrmidon Medium Tank is a combat vehicle that is produced by New Earth Trading Company as a cheap alternative to BattleMechs for Chaos March powers. Named after the famous Greek warriors commanded by Achilles, the Myrmidon is based upon the Manticore combat vehicle. It is, however, cheaper than that design and does not lose significant combat capabilities, so it looks attractive to military procurers who are focused on the bottom line.
Weapons and Equipment
The main gun of the Myrmidon is its Parti-Kill Heavy Cannon. The cannon's range enables it to strike at a distance. A Myrmidon crew generally uses their tank's speed to stay out of range of close-range weapons. Should they be unsuccessful in this endeavor, the Myrmidon also mounts a SureShot Mk VI SRM Launcher. Both of these weapons are mounted in the tank's turret, giving them a full range of fire.
- Myrmidon Medium Tank Type 2
- This is a Jihad era variant, which was outfitted with Advanced Technology. All of the baseline's weaponry and equipment have been replaced. The Fusion Engine has been replaced with Light Fusion Engine which open some additional room in the tank. The tank's armor has been slightly increased on its sides. The Tank's PPC is replaced Plasma Rifle with 30 rounds of fire. The tank's most noticeable feature is the addition of 6 Mine Launchers. The Launchers are fitted in pairs on each side of the tank and a pair on the turret. BV (2.0) = 984
- Myrmidon (Anti-Infantry)
- Produced by Jalastar Aerospace. Based on a pirate design (below) the Myrmidon (Anti-Infantry) version is equipped with a turret mounted ER Large Laser. Sponson turrets each hold three Light Machine Guns. The Light Ferro-Fibrous armor used on the pirate unit was replaced with standard armor, but an extra half-ton was added. The additional heat sinks required by the laser required the removal of the machine gun arrays as well. BV (2.0) = 749
- Myrmidon (Tate)
- This is a modified Myrmidon that was uniquely refitted for use by a Pirate band known as the Breed's Brawlers. The tank's commander, Tate, had the vehicle refitted during the Jihad with Experimental Equipment. It was first seen in a pirate raid in 3075 on Kolovraty. The tank's PPC was exchanged for a Snub-Nose PPC, while a pair of Sponson Turrets have been fitted on either sides of the tank. In these so-called partial turrets, three Light Machine Guns have been fitted in a Machine Gun Array. BV (2.0) = 780
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 172, "Jalastar Aerospace"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 28, "Jalastar Aerospace"
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 24-25, "Myrnudib Vehicle Profile"
- MUL online date for the Myrmidon
- Combat Operations, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 32
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 41
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 42
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 43
- Experimental Technical Readout: Pirates, p. 10, "Myrmidon"