- This article is about the 'Mech design. For other uses, see Predator (disambiguation).
|Manufacturer||Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga Tertiary Facility|
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3060|
|Chassis||Process 3 Standard|
|Engine||Dagda-Production Series A 300 XL|
|Communications System||KP-3 "Screamer"|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Predator is a second-line BattleMech that is the product of a cooperative venture between the various Clan Fire Mandrill Kindraa. It is protected by eleven and a half tons of armor and can move at a respectable speed for a heavy 'Mech. Useful as either a medium-range duelist or as a close-up skirmisher, it can use its autocannons to deal a strong punch, then follow up with cluster rounds that exploit holes in an enemy 'Mech's armor.
Weapons and Equipment
Roughly a third of the Predator's mass is consumed by two Faraday LB 10-X Autocannons. These have ample ammunition for most Clan Trials and usually stock both cluster and slug rounds. They are supported by a pair of Series 2FM ER Medium Lasers and paired Series 1 ER Small Lasers. Not only can the lasers keep the symmetrical design in the fight after its autocannon ammunition runs out, they do not create a burden on the 'Mech's ability to control heat under normal circumstances. Ten double heat sinks is all the Predator needs to keep its heat in check.
- Predator 2
- Introduced during the Jihad era in 3075, the variant is a revision of its weaponry and armor. The 'Mech's armor has been replaced with Ferro-Fibrous armor for slightly increased protection. Its LB-X Class autocannons have been replaced by a pair of Class 20 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles with 4 tons of ammunition split between the two torsos. While two ER Small Lasers have been retained, its ER Mediums have been exchanged for pair of Medium Pulse Lasers. BV (2.0) = 2,159
- MUL online date for the Predator
- Combat Operations, p. 110
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 164
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 250
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 166-167, "Predator 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 251, "Jihad era variant of the Predator".