Predator (Combat Vehicle)
- This article is about the combat vehicle. For other uses, see Predator (disambiguation).
|Predator Tank Destroyer|
|Manufacturer||Ceres Metals Industries|
|Mission|| Anti-Vehicle |
|Armor||Hellespont Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Ceres Motors 270 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Magna-VOX KS2525|
|Targeting Tracking System||Magna-VOX TTS4000|
The Predator Tank Destroyer is the modern version of a Succession Wars Era Combat Vehicle, which was originally produced for the Capellan Confederation. Designed around a single weapon, the vehicle was made as a stop gap replacement during a time where House Liao's combat vehicle forces were being depleted.
The tank was first built during the Second Succession War in 2942, where it would serve until 2974. On Spica, the tank's glaring flaws would come to light while the planet's militia forces using the tank were soundly defeated during a skirmish against the armor elements of the 5th Syrtis Fusiliers. The Predator would soon fade away and be replaced with the Hetzer.
It would not be until the Victoria War, where a revised modern version of the Predator would appear again. This new standard version of the tank proved its worth with improved armor and a long-ranged main gun.
Weapons and Equipment
The thirty-second century version of the Predator utilizes a 270-rated fuel cell engine to allow it to move upwards to 97 kph. Engineers replaced the original's standard armor for 4.5 tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor. Though the new armor gives its superior protection to its originator, its side and rear facing protection is still considered lightly armored.
The Predator is armed with a single Mydron Devastator LB 20-X Class Autocannon, allowing the Predator to take on targets further away with a devastating punch. The vehicle carries two tons of ammunition, giving its crew the ability to choose which type to use in combat.
- Predator Tank Destroyer (Original)
- First produced in the middle of the thirtieth century, this ancient design carries Succession Wars era downgraded equipment. This version of the Predator is armed with a Q-Beam Class 20 Autocannon with only a single ton of ammunition. Though able to reach a reasonable speed of 86 kph, the bulk of the tank's armor is focused in its front while its sides and rear are barely to withstand a hit from a single Class 5 Autocannon. BV(2.0)=480
The Predator is subjected to the following Design Quirks:
The Original Predator Tank Destroyer was described in the Variant section may be based on a vehicle which was published in BattleTechnology magazine issue #21.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p.15 Predator Tank Destroyer - BV2
- MUL Profile for the Modern/Standard Predator Tank Destroyer - Includes BV2 & introduction date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 77
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p.14 Predator Tank Destroyer - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 15 & 67 Predator Tank Destroyer - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p.15 & 66 Predator Tank Destroyer - BV2
- MUL Profile for the original Predator Tank Destroyer.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 76