|Mission||Close Range / Urban Combat|
|Engine||CitiCide 140 Internal Combustion Engine|
|Communications System||Johnston Q-Band|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scantrex Dual Tac|
The Hetzer was designed as a cheap, self-propelled artillery-piece to be stationed on worlds deemed worthy to defend, but not valuable enough to station a complete garrison force or even BattleMechs. Its primary and only weapon is in the front, meaning the unit lacks a turret, making it difficult to employ in roles other than defensive ones. Also, its wheeled chassis restricts its mobility. Due to its decent protection of six tons of standard armor and its Crusher SH Cannon, combined with its low price, the Hetzer is still a valuable asset for poor commands and is especially popular throughout the Periphery. However, Quikscell Company is largely known for its poor manufacturing standards, resulting in many Hetzers being shipped with only half their components installed or even completely lacking some of them. Crews reportedly refused new Hetzers meant to replace their older ones, because they couldn't be sure that the new models would work properly.
Weapons and Equipment
Drawing all firepower from a massive Autocannon/20, the Hetzer can easily blast through thick armor, whether it's mounted on a BattleMech or vehicle. Also, the tank carries four tons of ammunition, enabling it to obliterate a number of enemies before forced to reload. Its downsides include its limited firing-arc, its complete dependence on a short-range weapon, a lack of back-up weaponry, and mediocre speed.
- This Hetzer variant uses Environmental Sealing to protect the Protectorate Militia crew from toxic threats on the battlefield. To make the vehicle independent from fuel the Internal Combustion Engine was replaced by a fusion engine. The standard autocannon is replaced by a Rotary AC/5 with 3 tons of ammo, and a C3i system allows it to share targeting data with its colleagues. BV (2.0) = 775
- Jagdpanzer II
- This is a Experimental Technology variant of the Hetzer which was introduced during the Jihad. The vehicle features six tons of Vehicular Stealth Armor and a Guardian ECM to help protect and hide the Jagdpanzer from its opponents. The original Assault Autocannon is removed in favor for a Ultra version with four tons of ammo. The vehicle has two Machine Guns, each mounted on a Sponson-type turret on either side of the vehicle. Lastly, the vehicle's engine is exchanged for an Extra Light Fusion Engine, which allows the vehicle flank up to 80 km/h. BV (2.0) = 1,009
- MUL online date for the Hetzer
- Combat Operations, 120
- Record Sheets: 3039, 28
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, 46
- Technical Readout: 3039, 56
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabriged, p. 92
- Record Sheets: 3039, 29
- Record Sheets: 3039, 30
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabriged, p. 95
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere) p. 85 - LB-X variant of the Hetzer.
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 34
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks pp. 9, 21 - Hetzer experimental Variant.