- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Word of Blake|
|Speed||20 kph km/h|
The Ragnarok is an Assault 'Mech that was developed and used by the Word of Blake. Little to nothing is known about the 'Mech's development. What is known, however, is that the Word of Blake produced this 'Mech in the hundreds, maybe thousands, but most were destroyed when a JumpShip crashed into the production facility, making the Ragnarok a rare sight on the battlefield.
The Ragnarok is a very large Assault-class BattleMech. The 'Mech is tall with broad "shoulders" and a very humanoid shape. It is notable for its unique "Lava Gun", which is mounted on its shoulder; this unusual weapon launches three-shot volleys of an unknown superheated material. Its LosTech shield, when activated, makes the 'Mech nigh-invulnerable to all forms of damage for a few seconds at a time. The 'Mech is known to be extremely powerful and has been shown to be able to make quick work of most 'Mechs with ease. However, what the Ragnarok enjoys in firepower and shielding lacks appallingly in speed - and the slow recharge rate of the shields doesn't help either.
As mentioned above, the Ragnarok is extremely deadly at all ranges, but is more effective at medium to long range. Its LosTech shields also give it very good defensive properties.
- Ymir: Functionally identical to the Ragnarok, the only changes are in its armament: The Javelin LRMs are replaced with Hammer Heavy Missiles and its Gauss Rifles are replaced with PPCs. It retains its "Lava Gun".