- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Saroyan Jump Bomber|
|Manufacturer||Saroyan Special Productions|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Engine (Type)||Rawlings 200 (Fusion)|
|Communications System||Ceres MaserCom 8 with Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dwyerson Mark XI with TAG|
|Armament||External hardpoints only|
|Armor||Hellespont Aerolite Stealth|
The Saroyan Jump bomber was designed by Saroyan Special Productions of Sian to meet demand for a new conventional fighter to fill the need for cheap airframes for private militias and Home Guard units that would face a long wait for true AeroSpace Fighters. The Saroyan was based on mature technologies from the latter half of the thirty-first century and was introduced just before the turn of the century, during the decades-long rebuilding program the Confederation underwent to recover from the losses of the Jihad.
Unfortunately, the Saroyan wasn't quite the tiger it appeared to be on paper, and was the subject of constant complaint from those who bought, flew, or maintained the aircraft - in large part due to the poor workmanship with which the aircraft was manufactured. Although the bomb payload the Saroyan could carry was acceptable, the ton and a half of Stealth Armor wasn't enough to protect the Saroyan from even light damage, and many operational commanders mistook stealth armor for true stealth capabilities - something the Saroyan didn't possess.
Weapons and Equipment
The Saroyan carried no built-in weapons, having been built to carry external bomb payloads. The craft has five external mountings for any bombs, missiles, or anything externally mountable equipment.
The Saroyan had no internal cargo bays.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 48-49, "Saroyan Jump Bomber"
- MUL Profile for Saroyan Jump Bomber - Including BV2 and Introduction Date.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 105
- Total Warfare, p. 245 Bombing - Article describes Bombs can be carried in 5 ton blocks, Saroyan being 25 tons in weight allows for 5 bombs.