Semi-Portable Machine Gun
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Semi-Portable Machine Guns are close-range assault weapons used to support infantry units. While most are belt-fed ammunition, some models such as the Capellan Vipersting 211 use a 200-round drum instead. Their semi-portable nature means they can be used by a single soldier wearing a gyroscopic harness, but the fact that they normally require a team of two to operate means infantry squads rarely use it as their main support weapon.
- Item:Machine Gun, Semi-Portable
- Equipment Rating: C/B-B-B/E
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 5B/4B
- Range: 45/95/225/500 meters
- Shots: 80
- Cost/Reload: 1100/10
- Affiliation: -
- Mass/Reload: 20kg/4kg
- Notes: Burst 20; Recoil -2; Crew 2
- LosTech: The MechWarrior Equipment Guide, p. 42, "Semi-Portable Machine Gune"
- TechManual, p. 258, "Machine Gun"
- A Time of War, p. 273, "Machine Gun Support Weapons"