- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Use||Wet Naval Escort, Coastal Patrol|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||(Medium, Template A)|
|Cruise Speed||80 km/h|
|Flank Speed||120 km/h|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Petrochemical/2,352 km|
|Armament||3x Machine Guns|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 7 |
|Crew||6 (1 officer, 4 unlisted/non-rated, 1 gunner)|
The Silverback Coastal Cutter is an updated version of the ancient Silverfin Coastal Cutter employed by the Lyran Alliance's wet navy forces. The hydrofoil is geared to safeguard high-value "blue-water navy" ships such as the Jormungand Bluewater Cruiser. These ships are highly prized by Militia Navies in the Alliance for their Electronic Warfare capacity; because they are lightly armored, though, Silverbacks must rely on their speed and ECM for self-defense. Three of these ships were known to be permanently stationed on Blue Hole as part of the escort force for the BHS Brynhild.
Weapons and Equipment
Three Machine Guns are mounted in the Silverback's forward turret with a half ton of ammunition, and are guided by an Advanced Fire Control system. However the ship's most prized piece of equipment is its Guardian ECM Suite, a necessity since the ship's hull is still protected with only one ton of substandard armor. In addition to a single lifeboat it only carries a turret-mounted searchlight but adds a half-ton of fuel, increasing the vessel's endurance.
As of this writing there is no published record sheet and assigned battle value for the Silverback. The MUL Profile only includes the introduction year.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 160, "Silverback Coastal Cutter"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 156, "Silverback Coastal Cutter"
- online date for the Silverback