Sirdar Operational Area
History & Description
The Sirdar Operational Area - also referred to as the Capellan March Edgeward Combat Theater - was a regional command within the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns. One of the subdivisions of the Capellan March, the Sirdar Operational Area was a completely military administration, with no civilian governing responsibilities, and was traditionally commanded by a Field Marshal. As an Operational Area the Sirdar Operational Area had command authority over a number of smaller regional commands commonly known as Polymorphous Defense Zones or Combat Regions, although during the era of the Federated Commonwealth the PDZs were simply known as Commands.
The Sirdar Operational Area was established in the mid-Thirty-second century as a direct result of the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces rampage through the Capellan March, which saw the March capital - New Syrtis - conquered, as well as Taygeta, the administrative center of the Taygeta Operational Area. Sirdar became the administrative capital of the Operational Area, despite the Sirdar PDZ being almost completely encircled by the Capellan Confederation. The disruption caused by the invasion also led to the New Syrtis and Altair PDZs being replaced with the Wenke and Victoria PDZs respectively, although the Victoria PDZ had been reduced to just eight systems and the Wernke PDZ had effectively been bifurcated by the Confederation.
The following sub-regions have all been a part of the Sirdar OA at some point during their history:
Systems of Note
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 17, "Combat Theater"
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 17, "Polymorphous Defense Zone/Combat Region"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 125, "Combat Theater/Operation Area"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 125, "Polymorphous Defense Zone/Combat Region"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 89, "Edgeward Combat Theater (Sirdar Operational Area)"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - "