- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Armor||0.5 tons (standard)|
|Crew||1 or 2|
The Skimmer-class hovercraft is extremely fast, but only lightly armed and armored. Usable as a one- or two-man vehicle, it was typically used by scouts for battlefield reconnaissance or for quick travel during the late Succession Wars era.
There were no rules yet for Design Quirks when the Skimmer was published, but it is described to possess the special ability that it may enter light woods, a terrain normally forbidden for hovercraft. (A successful Driving roll is required for the attempt, but it is not stated what happens when the roll fails.)
Weapons and Equipment
- Many details for this vehicle are unknown. There is only a brief mentioning of this vehicle in a single source (MechWarrior: The BattleTech Role Playing Game); a record sheet was published in Record Sheets Volume Five: Vehicles.
- MUL online date for Skimmer
- MechWarrior RPG, 1st. Edition p. 44
- MechWarrior RPG, 1st. Edition p. 60