|Skyward Model XII Warning Satellite|
|Use|| Warning Satellite |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Satellite (Medium)|
|Station Keeping Thrust||0.1g (0.2 Thrust)|
|Armor||Heavy Industrial Armor|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 10|
The Skyward Model XII Warning Satellite was a product of ComStar, as a warning beacon to interstellar travellers. ComStar had mass-produced the satellite in the last months of the First Succession War beginning in 2821. It was produced for use in dead star systems, to warn explorers and travelers of the dangers of the dead systems. Upwards of twelve of these may be deployed in any one given "dead" star system, some in orbit of the target planet and its jump points. ComStar mainly deployed these Satellites to former Terran Hegemony star systems which took the brunt of the horrors of the wars. It has been noted being most numerously among a variety of satellites made for purposes of warning satellite type.
Since its deployment in the early Succession Wars, many of these satellites have been encountered over the centuries of space travel since then. Many are non-operational, due to debris, or pirate encounters.
Equipment and Capabilities
The Skyward equipped with an Armored Chassis, with 4.5 tons of standard armor to protect its fragile interior workings. For indefinite use in its duties, it uses solar arrays to power its electrical systems. The vehicle has been given a 6 ton communication equipment to allow it to broadcast its warnings to incoming vessels and to its sister satellites to coordinate its observations. As part of its functions, the Skyward is designed to record and observe its target planet and any activities in system. For this it has been given a High-Resolution Image Camera and an Infrared Imager Camera both mounted in the nose of the vehicle. When it does detect an incoming vessel it utilizes a pair of Searchlights as actual visual beacons.
Anastasius Focht confirmed to The Republic of the Sphere that several ComStar and Word of Blake Skywards were equipped with Hyperpulse Generators to act as relays in their communications network. He didn't disclose the location of the manufacturing line, however.
A number of modifications have been made to the Skywards since they were originally deployed. Among them, they have modified to serve as a silent Early Warning Beacon or Picket satellite for living star systems. These pickets alert the locals when incoming vessels approach the star system.
- Skyward Warning Satellite (HPG) & Skyward Warning Satellite (Fusion Drive)
- Unconfirmed reports have come up that a new & larger Skyward is being manufactured by both ComStar and Word of Blake just prior to the Jihad. These larger Skywards are alleged to be fitted with a HPG System introduced in 2839, and also a Fusion Power Source introduced in 2874. For what purposes, these report have not specified.
As of this writing, there are no published record sheets for this vehicle or any suggested variants.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 132, "Skyward Model VII Warning Satellite"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 136, "Skyward Model VII Warning Satellite"
- online date for the Skyward
- - MUL Profile for Skyward Warning Satellite (HPG) - HPG Variant offical name listed with introduction year of 2839.
- - MUL Profile for Skyward Warning Satellite (Fusion Drive) - HPG Variant offical name listed with introduction year of 2874.