- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Banzai Weapons Design Company|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Power Plant||CoreTech 275|
|Armor||NAIS Special-X Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Wunderland Fighter Series 60|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Wunderland Raptores 2|
|BV (1.0)||995 |
Scrambling to be the first Successor State to field the advanced Star League era technology discovered in the Helm Memory Core, the NAIS and the closely linked Banzai Weapon Design Company immediately began working on prototype proof of concept designs to gain a better understanding of the new technology and how best to employ it. While only a handful of the craft were constructed, the Starfire assisted the Federated Suns to more quickly and safely employ the advanced systems than its neighbors.
It's flying-wing chassis was heavily influenced by the specifications for the advanced SLDF Hellcat II, the heavier Starfire mounted more advanced Ferro-Aluminum armor but the NAIS's inability to then mass produce the advanced material restricted to only seven tons of coverage. The base model carried only twenty standard Heat Sinks. 
Weapons and Equipment
The Starfire's baseline model carried an advanced General Motors PTAA Ultra Autocannon/5 prototype in its nose, supported by more common laser array, a pair of Martell Medium Lasers in each wing and a aft mounted ExoStar Small Laser.  A single ton of reloads for the ammo hungry Ultra Autocannon was considered more than adequate for a non-combat test craft. 
As a test bed for LosTech equipment, the designers attempted to develop semi-modular weapons port to aid testing, but were ultimately unsuccessful and were forced to return to drawing board to rebuild the fighter for each new system. Field refits of Starfire included variants with still experimental LB 10-X Autocannon, ER Large Laser, Star League style Double Heat Sinks or Artemis IV FCS and Narc Missile Beacon enhanced missile launchers. 
- Limited Production Model
- In the mid-3040's it appears that the Starfire entered limited production. These models were widely used by the NAIS Cadet Cadre. These were equipped with Prototype Ultra AC/5s. Several of the Cadet Cadre's Starfires were seen in combat against the Word of Blake during the Jihad.
As of this writing there is no published BV2 for the SF-1X Starfire. Also, there no published information on the limited production Starfire nor record sheet or if it differs from the original. Master Unit List for the Starfire does not include BV but does have the vehicle's introduction date and Alpha Strike Data Card.
- MUL online date for the Starfire
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, p. 99
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, p. 98
- Experimental Technical Readout: Succession Wars, Volume 1, p. 15