|Engine||GM 60 Fusion|
|Communications System||CeresCom Recon Model 12k|
|Targeting Tracking System||I-Bal Mark 3|
The Swift Wind, built on Indicass, is designed to carry one scout to where he or she needs to be and back again quickly. It has six wheels, each one powered and providing good clearance. Its comm system allows it to relay information back to its comrades quickly, and can even act as an artillery spotter.
Weapons and Equipment
The Swift Wind has no weapons to speak of. It is, however, equipped with a powerful communications system that enables it to eavesdrop on enemies, as well as contact friendly 'Mechs, artillery, aerospace units, DropShips, satellites, and even JumpShips. This gives it formidable coordination abilities when acting in concert with these units. It also has a half ton of cargo space available.
- Ceres also produces a cheaper version of their vehicle for customers with limited budgets. The change to an internal combustion engine eliminated the cargo bay because of the increase in engine weight. BV (2.0)= 83
- I.C.E. (Cargo)
- This version of the Swift Wind reduces the top speed of the car to 120km/h, which allows for a smaller engine. Three tons of cargo space is available to the unit, but this takes up all the room liberated by the engine swap and requires the removal of the communications equipment. BV (2.0) = 81
- I.C.E. (Speed)
- This Swift Wind modification reduces the armor protection to a half-ton, removes the communications equipment, and increases the top speed of the unit to 171km/h. The higher top speed requires a much larger engine, but the protection offered by the high speed is worth it. BV (2.0) = 39
A Swift Wind flees from a Cyclops.
- MUL online date for the Swift Wind
- Combat Operations, p. 121
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 11
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, pp. 126-127, "Swift Wind Vehicle Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3039, pp. 12-13, "Swift Wind Vehicle Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 14
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 12
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 13