- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion|
|Use||Medevac, Air Cargo Transport|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||VTOL (Medium)|
|Top Speed||170 km/h|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||Petrochemical/952 Km|
|Armor||Heavy Industrial Armor|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 10|
|Crew||2 (2 enlisted/non-rated)|
The RTC-215M Swiftran was originally designed as a cargo transport, but it did not come into its own until the Medevac version was produced. Its VTOL design made it ideal for such operations and it was soon accepted into the AFFC in 3053; it quickly became a popular vehicle amongst military paramedic services. Cal-Boeing granted licenses to every Inner Sphere power except the Capellan Confederation to produce the Swiftran.
Unfortunately the Swiftran was plagued by technical problems in its early stages; there were problems synchronizing the four engines set on two separate wings for units produced in 3067 prior to June 29. Although this problem was considered fixed it has reoccurred in some of the first production run models years later, leading to at least three fatal accidents. Later production runs have also been affected by mysterious vibrations requiring engine replacement.
Equipment and Capabilities
The aircraft is equipped with six sets of Paramedic Equipment to provide emergency care for six heavily wounded casualties and space for a further ten passengers with lesser wounds as well as ten paramedics.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 78, "Cal-Boeing RTC-215M Swiftran"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 74, "Swiftran RTC-215M"
- online date for the Swiftran
- TechManual, p. 114, "RTC-215M Swiftran (Cal-Boeing)"