How to add a word
; Word : Definition of the word
- Definition of the word
 Do we really need this page?
...because each and every single word here should have its own article, making a Dictionary superflous. I suppose this is a remnant that was an original feature of sarna.net before it became a proper Wiki? Frabby 03:25, 14 August 2008 (CDT)
- I'm not sure that is why it is here (I think I created it), but I've gotta agree with you. Every time I thought of linking to a letter section here from an article, I just ended up thinking it'd be easier and make more sense to redlink instead, for the same reason you suggested. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 08:17, 14 August 2008 (CDT)
- I agree as well. I think our goal should be to slowly make this page irrelevant. Link to the definitions that are missing an entry, eliminate the definitions that already have an entry, and over time empty the page. --Ebakunin 09:48, 14 August 2008 (CDT)
- There are still a lot of terms that are relevent for having on a 'dictionary' page, such as 'battalion' or 'neg'. True, many of the words could have their own page. But for generic terms, I think having a dictionary is a good idea. Nicjansma 12:09, 17 August 2008 (CDT)
- Well, its clear its definitely not unanimous. In that case, only if a consensus is reached shall we remove the dictionary. However, we can help lead to that by creating the articles and removing the words one-by-one (being sure to wikilink on all pages that use those words). --Revanche (talk|contribs) 21:07, 17 August 2008 (CDT)
Why was the Thuggee removed from the dictionary. At the moment there no article dicticated too them. I was one whom put it into there since there wasn't enough information warrent full blown article, only a minor entry. Can someone tell me what is going be done since they have played part in the Battletech universe? -- Wrangler 12:14, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
- I re-added it, Wrangler, 'cause its clear to me -from his summary- that Cyc was only attempting to remove entries with actual articles, and this one feel in accidentally. --Revanche (talk|contribs) 15:20, 25 January 2010 (UTC)
 A Statement and a Question
- First - I think this page serves a purpose. Many of the terms here, in my opinion, do not merit a full article. They MAY merit a subsection of another article (such as the titles of House Leaders could be added to the respective state sections), and a re-direct can be setup, but that's a case by case basis.
- Second - Should we add new terms to this page, at least until the above suggestion is somehow addressed? ClanWolverine101 22:36, 12 January 2011 (UTC)