I am not sure what came first for me, MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat Video Game or the BattleTech: The Animated Series,at this point I had no idea how important this universe I had just stumbled across would become. MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries came next and then a gap for a couple of years and then I found Technical Readout: 3050 (2nd edition) in my local games shop. At this point I realized that this universe was a tabletop game for the first time!
I have been knocking around Sarna since about Feb 2007 and even after all that time I am no article writer. I mostly add in small details to existing articles or create stubs that link things together. I am pretty sure some of the admins hate me for the way I work but it is just how my brain works.
Projects I am undertaking
Project Bloodname Whilst I am not a huge fan of the Clans I see a need for all the bloodnames to have an article.
- Phase 1 - Create as a minimum have a stub article for each Founding Bloodname.
- Mongoose - In Progress
- Nova Cat - In Progress
- Sea Fox - In Progress
- Phase 2 - Add in new Rasalhague Bloodnames/Dragoon Honor names
- Ghost Bear new Rasalhague Bloodnames
- Stone Lion
- Wolf Dragoon Honor names
- Phase 3 - Fact checking
- Separate lineages
- ChiLi / Chi-Li, need to check correct JF name with writers.
Project Military Commands This is a huge and likely never ending project to have at least a stub for ever combat command ever mentioned.
- Phase 1 - Update all Officer sections to Infobox
Project Dark Age A lot of the Dark Age stuff has generally been ignored, I intend to start changing this. The CCG has more pages on the wiki that the Clicks game despite the huge success of the game. The internet is quite sparse on info about it in general.
- Phase 1 - Create articles for all game expansions
- Phase 2 - Datamine the Dark Age novels
- Phase 3 - Datamine the various profile cards
Project House Project house is an ongoing project to catalog the noble houses of the Inner Sphere as best I can. BattleTech is space feudalism but we do not actually see a lot of it going on beyond the 5 main houses. I am interested in the various Dukes, Counts and Barons.
- Phase 1 - General tidy up.
- Phase 1a - Migrate all House Characters to nation state categories. (Completed 14/11/17)
- Phase 1b - Migrate Solaris characters to games specific category. (Completed 03/0418)
- Phase 1c - Eradicate minor characters category.
- Phase 1d - Upgrade all character articles to include Infobox.
- Phase 2 - Create noble house articles.
- Phase 2a - Create infobox for House articles. (Completed 20/05/18)
- Phase 2b - Start trying to pull threads together creating at least a stub article for 95% of named noble families.
- Phase 2c - Start tracking down family members and attempt to link them into family, (Including Clan Bloodnames).
- Phase 2d - Attempt to link families into family trees.
- Phase 3 - Titles
- Phase 3a - Link known titles into planet articles.
- Phase 3b - Attempt to link unspecified Counties and Baronies with locations
- Phase 3c - Attempt to link title holders across families and states.
Project Video Game The Video games are probably the biggest draw to the universe so the fact that the fluff on them is often quite bare bones is a bit tragic. I intend to beef up some of the fluff elements where I can.
- Phase 1 - House keeping, tidy up the Video Game section and add resource pages.
- Phase 2 - Datamine HBS Battletech Video Game for fluff.
- Phase 2a - Create articles for all noble houses featured in the game. (Completed 12/06/18)
- Phase 2b - Create articles for all named characters in the game.
- Phase 2c - Add in planetary data to existing articles and create any outstanding plantes using article template.
- Phase 3 - Datamine MechWarrior 5 Mercs when it comes out.
- Phase 4 - Datamine older video games for fluff bits.