I have been a fan of the universe for a long time. I am not sure what came first for me, MechWarrior 2 PC game or the Battletech cartoon but I was hooked. Mechwarrior 2 Mercs came next and then a gap for a couple of years and then I found TRO: 3050 (2nd edition) in my local games shop.... and away I went to the point that I have pretty much the entire collection of BT books now.
I have been knocking around here for a decade now and event after all that time I am no article writer. I mostly add in details to existing articles or create stubs that link things together. I am pretty sure some of the admins hate me for the way I work but it is just how my brain works.
Personal Project List
With BattleCorps being down I feel the need to have the information in the stories detained for fluff about the universe. This project is not intended to be much more than a side project that is in constant use.
- Phase 1 - Low level data mining of BT fiction as I go.
Whilst I am not a huge fan of the Clans I see a need for all the bloodnames to have an article.
- Phase 1 - Create as a minimum have a stub article for each Founding Bloodname.
- Ice Hellion - In Progress
- Mongoose - In Progress
- Nova Cat - In Progress
- Sea Fox - In Progress
- Snow Raven - In Progress
- Phase 2 - Add in new Rasalhague Bloodnames/Dragoon Honor names
- Ghost Bear new Rasalhague Bloodnames
- Stone Lion
- Wolf Dragoon Honor names
- Phase 3 - Fact checking
- Separate lineages
- ChiLi / Chi-Li, need to check correct JF name with writers.
This is a huge and likely never ending project to unearth all the most obscure commands and units imaginable.
- Phase 1 - Update all Officer sections to Infobox
Project Dark Age
A lot of the Dark Age stuff has generally been ignored, I intend to start changing this. The CCG has more pages on the wiki that the Clicks game despite the huge success of the game. The internet is quite sparse on info about it in general.
- Phase 1 - Create articles for all game expansions
- Phase 2 - Datamine the Dark Age novels
- Phase 3 - Datamine the various profile cards
Project house is an ongoing project to catalog the noble houses of the Inner Sphere as best I can. BattleTech is space feudalism but we do not actually see a lot of it going on beyond the 5 main houses. I am interested in the various Dukes, Counts and Barons.
- Phase 1 - Migrate all House Characters to nation state categories. (Completed 14/11/17)
- Phase 2 - Upgrade all character articles to include Infobox.
Project Video Game
The Video games are probably the biggest draw to the universe so the fact that the fluff on them is often quite bare bones is a bit tragic. I intend to beef up some of the fluff elements where I can.
- Phase 1 - Standardize the VG article layouts.
- Phase 2 - Datamine Battletech Video Game when it comes out.
- Phase 3 - Datamine MechWarrior 5 Mercs when it comes out.
- Phase 4 - Start Datamine older video games. (I expect this to be an incredibly long one)
- Easter eggs