- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Development||Herbert A. Beas II|
|Primary writing|| Herbert A. Beas II |
David L. McCulloch
|Cover artwork|| Franz Vohwinkel (Original Cover Art) |
Doug Chaffee (2018 Cover Art)
|Illustrations|| Doug Chaffee |
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
TechManual is the second core book in the rebranded Classic BattleTech line. This particular book provides all of the construction rules for tournament-legal units that were presented in Total Warfare. In addition, TechManual introduced the updated Battle Value system—branded "BV 2.0" by fans. TechManual also provides fictional descriptions of the various units that it provides game statistics for, as well as for the weapons and equipment they use, including long-awaited dates of introduction. Similar to Total Warfare, each section of game data is preceded by a fictional introduction, though TechManual's fiction is of a technical nature. Finally, TechManual contains blank record sheets for all the units it covers and tables for the weapons and equipment contained therein.
From the back cover
|“|| How does a MechWarrior interface with a BattleMech? How does a ProtoMech really work? When was the Gauss rifle or the Particle Projector Cannon developed? Or how can I just make my own, cool and unique BattleMech design? If you’ve ever been plagued by these questions, then get on your coveralls and make sure you’ve got your astech certification, because you’re about to dive into BattleTech construction!
A companion volume to Total Warfare, the Classic BattleTech TechManual combines all the construction rules for the various units presented in that core rules set. Streamlined and updated, it contains all the core weaponry and equipment from previous rules set, as well as the newest, bleeding edge technologies. More than just a rulebook, however, the TechManual presents numerous sourcebook-style treatises, providing the in-universe context for these units and the technologies of their development. A must have resource for any BattleTech aficionado!
- Construction Basics
- BattleMech Construction
- IndustrialMech Construction
- ProtoMech Construction
- Combat Vehicle Construction
- Support Vehicle Construction
- Conventional Infantry Platoon Construction
- Battle Armor Construction
- Aerospace Unit Construction
- Weapons and Heavy Equipment
- Heavy Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Battle Armor Equipment
- Conventional Infantry Equipment
- Costs and Availability
- Basic Cost Calculations
- Battle Values
- Record Sheets
- Like Total Warfare, most of the artwork in the book are pictures of painted miniatures.
- TechManual has some errors and clarifications available at the TechManual Errata Page.
- In 2018, new edition of TechManual was published with updates to errants. The book reused art from the the 1994 Tactical Handbook art work by Doug Chaffee.