This is a campaign I'm running using a collection of resources from here (http://www.sarna.net/), MegaMek (http://megamek.org/) and MekHQ (http://megamek.info/mekhq). Having experiemented with A Time of War, I've choosen to develop a Fate Core (download) based variant modelled on the idea from a time of war.
The central idea for this campaign and whay I hope to achieve.
A Home World
it will need to be near the edge of the perphiry to allow pirary, in contact with the Marian Hegemony and the Free Worlds League for larger battlemech battles, some adventures and a political backdrop.
Currently the choices for this are;
- Taken by Marian Hegemony in 3067. this is a good choice to make the Hegemony in to long term bad guys, but the players will lose all they have built unless they change History.
- San Nicolas, Lahti, & Kendall
- Sierra, Sackville, Tormentine, Atzenbrugg, Lepaterique
- These worlds border the Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey when it forms, but are not listed as part of it.
- Becomes part of Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey
- has an interesting history. So it could be used as an adventure.
The time line starts in 3047 a few years before the Clasn invasion, and have the players survive until the Battle of Tukayyid in May of 3052. As the GM it's going to be challenging to find a series of battles where the players can win a few tactical exchanges while loosing the overall planetary battle without becoming captured.
The Build up
The first phase of this campaign is to help the players develop their skills with the battletech board game.