2nd Knights of the Inner Sphere
|2nd Knights of the Inner Sphere|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||The Silver Knights|
|Parent Formation||Knights of the Inner Sphere|
The Second Knights of the Inner Sphere were formed in 3058 because the 1st Knights of the Inner Sphere regiment became too unwieldy to use effectively. The 1st Knights' Tristam Battalion was split off to form the core of the Second Knights. In 3060 the Silver Knights reached full strength, but were too late to participate in Operation Bulldog. Instead they spent most of their deployment from Epsilon escorting humanitarian aid into the Lyran Alliance.
The Second Knights of the Inner Sphere were recalled to Atreus in 3068. This was denounced by several military leaders, as the 1st and 2nd Knights were part of the FWLM counterattack on the Lyran Alliance forces from Skye and Bolan that had attacked the Free Worlds League. They arrived on Atreus a month later and were attacked by chemical weapons employed by the Word of Blake. The Second Knights dispersed into small units and scattered through the countryside, avoiding the Word of Blake forces. For the next six years, they fought a guerrilla campaign against the occupiers. In 3076 they were destroyed by the 2nd Free Worlds Legionnaires and 8th Free Worlds Legionnaires.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Knights of the Inner Sphere|
|Colonel||Sir Andrei de Souzza||3059|
The Second Knights of the Inner Sphere were skilled in small unit tactics, and could engage multiple foes simultaneously. This was balanced out by the fact that they weren't as skilled at operating in large formations.
3059 to 3067Edit
- CO/1st Tristram Battalion: Colonel Andrei de Souzza
- XO: Force Commander Hector Morita
- 2nd Bedivere Battalion (two Companies): Force Commander Rod Trane
- 3rd Percival Battalion (two Companies): Force Commander Anne Sudak
- A understrength Regiment
- Wing Commander: Lieutenant Commander Martina Jeye
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 72, "2nd Knights of the Inner Sphere Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 150
- Dawn of the Jihad, p. 82
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 20
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, pp. 6-7, 13
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 131
- Jihad Turning Points: Atreus, pp. 6-7