18th Wolf Cavalry (Clan Wolf)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Eighteenth Wolf Cavalry|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Sigma Galaxy|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
In common with the other elements of Sigma Galaxy the Eighteenth Wolf Cavalry was raised predominantly from recruiting among the Lyran population of the Wolf Empire. Stationed on the border with the Free Worlds League and the Lyran Commonwealth, the Eighteenth found itself in the unenviable position of not only fighting against their ages-old enemy but also against their former countrymen from the Bolan Province.
Given Sigma's position on the anti-spinward border of the Wolf Empire it found itself struggling to obtain new equipment, including battle armor; as a consequence, as late as 3145 the Eighteenth was still largely reliant on tanks to do the heavy fighting, and had little choice but to rely on conventional infantry forces, although the infantry were at least equipped with improved small arms thanks to Clan technology. The loyalty of those in the Eighteenth to the Wolf Empire was driven largely by fear of invasion from the Free Worlds League.
|Commanding Officers of the 18th Wolf Cavalry (Wolf Empire)|
Eighteenth Wolf Cavalry (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Star Colonel Lucy
- - At this point in time the Eighteenth was stationed on Colfax and was operating at roughly two-thirds of full strength. Although the Eighteenth lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Sigma Galaxy Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Sigma Galaxy"