1st Ankaa Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|1st Ankaa Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3077)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The Ankaa Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Ankaa. As of 3075, two units had been raised from this planet, the 1st and the 2nd.
Simonson's Cutthroats began recruiting and training the Ankaa Protectorate Militia. The Cutthroats soon became experts in the interrogation of suspected insurgents, specializing in torturing prisoners. This training and philosophy provided by the mercenaries was successful both in creating an effective militia and in eliminating the underground resistance movement on Ankaa.
It is not known what happened to the Protectorate Militia.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Ankaa Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 106, "Simonson's Cutthroats"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 39-40, "Sandoval-Ito: A Study In Success"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"