290th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
|290th Mechanized Infantry Divisiion|
|Nickname||"Hammer and Nails"|
|Affiliation||Star League Defense Force|
|Parent Command||I Corps|
The 290th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Terra, assigned as a part of the I Corps, First Army, to the Terran Military Region. The division's three bridges was spilt up in early 2764 for various tasks. The 2901st Brigade was stationed on Titan in supporting the ground infrastructure of the Titan shipyards. The 2902nd was stationed in Antarctica for a suspected smuggler transshipment warehouse. And the 2903rd was spread out by companies in the Asteroid Belt with the goal of policing piracy among the local Belter population. The 290th was destroyed during the Amaris Civil War in 2766.
|Commanding Officers of the 290th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Brianna Ford||2764|
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 251, "SLDF - Terran Hegemony Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 140, "First"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 39, "290th Mechanized Infantry Division"