57th Wolf Garrison (Clan Wolf)
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Read more →
|Fifty-seventh Wolf Garrison Cluster|
|Formed||Late Dark Age|
|Parent Command||Tau Galaxy|
In common with the other elements of Tau Galaxy the Fifty-seventh Wolf Garrison Cluster was recruited almost entirely from the various graduating classes from 3139 to 3142 of the Allison MechWarrior Institute and the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School. Although Clan Wolf had to put all of the recruits through the Watch for vetting beforehand, making use of such a large pool of trained personnel made sense, and the Wolves streamed more 'Mechs and aerospace fighters into the Fifty-seventh and the other elements of Tau Galaxy than would usually be the case for a garrison formation. Despite this act of largesse, there still wasn't enough to allow the Fifty-seventh to be a full 'Mech Cluster, which meant that the Fifty-seventh had to use tank crews and infantry - both less well-trained than the MechWarriors and aerospace pilots - to fill the gaps in their order of battle.
Having mustered Tau Galaxy, the Wolf Empire had kept the Fifty-seventh and the other elements of the Galaxy focused on the Free Worlds League border, leaving the Fifty-seventh in the invidious position of resenting the quiet posting while also feeling conflicted over the lingering loyalties felt towards the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth, which had been responsible for their training. The Empire had little alternative, however; redirecting the Fifty-seventh to the Lyran Commonwealth border would've been the recipe for a diplomatic incident in the making.
|Commanding Officers of the 57th Wolf Garrison Cluster (Wolf Empire)|
Fifty-seventh Wolf Garrison Cluster (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Star Colonel Shannon
- - At this point in time the Fifty-seventh was stationed on Tongatapu and was operating at just over half-strength. Although the Fifty-seventh lacked OmniMechs, it was equipped at approximately a Star League level of technology.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 161, "Tau Galaxy"
- Field Manual: 3145 p. 171, "Wolf Empire - Tau Galaxy Deployment Table"