VI Triarii Protectors
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Happy Holidays From Sarna!
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For December 2020
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For November 2020
- Did You Know? - There Was A BattleTech Card Game, And It Was Great™
- Read more →
|II Triarii Protectors|
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Triarii Protectors|
The VI Triarii Protectors (also known as the Sixth Triarii), are the garrison unit for Prefecture VI. The unit's position on Bernardo is intended to deal with a local resistance movement that doesn't want to join the Republic of the Sphere. In 3085, this was merely bad press with the media putting out stories resisting the merger, but the command staff of the Sixth worried that something would happen to trigger violence.
After the establishment of Fortress Republic, the Republic retreated all their military forces behind the Walls, but not all the units received the order. The VI Triarii were of these, becoming the military force of New Canton. When, in 3135, a Capellan battalion lead by Danai Liao-Centrella attacked the planets Zurich and Aldebaran, New Canton sent the Second Battalion of the Triarii, led by Major Benett Anderton to Aldebaran. There they defeated the Capellan attack, forcing them to abort the attack. However, Danai and his battalion returned the next year, and this time they defeated the Triarii, killing Anderton. The remaining Triarii forces retreated to New Canton, effectively admitting their defeat.
|Commanding Officers of the VI Triarii Protectors|
- CO: Colonel Nicole Micheltorena
630th Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Saveria Murdag
630th Infantry Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Grover Schwartzwalde
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 181
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 182
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 187, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Principles of Desolation, p. 272