A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2014)
|A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2014)|
|Cover artwork||Neil Roberts|
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|Era||Dark Age Era|
|Series||A Time of War Quick-Start Rules|
|Preceded by||A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2013)|
|Followed by||A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2015)|
The A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2014) is a 2014 print-only product created by Catalyst Game Labs, given a one-day free release for Free RPG Day 2014. It is a set of quick rules to start playing A Time of War.
In this version of the quick-start rules, the scenario, Character Assassination, is set in 3091. The pre-generated characters, four members of mercenary unit Isaac's Incendiary, head to Sertar to destroy the reputation of local Shugo Kalma Luhon. Luhon portrays himself as an expert MechWarrior and defender of the people by having a double pilot his 'Mech in battle, and the mercenaries have the task of assassinating or otherwise incapacitating said double, Chu-i Karl Gustavson.
- Peace Is An Illusion
- What is a Roleplaying Game?
- Sample Characters:
- Character Assassination
- Gamemasters Only Beyond This Point!!!
- A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2014) lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled primarily from page headings.
- Previous versions of the A Time of War: Quick-Start Rules were released as PDFs: the original and versions for Free RPG Day 2012 and 2013. These differ primarily in the pre-generated characters and scenarios included. A 2015 version also exists in print.
- The 2014 Quick-Start replaces the introductory "A Universe In Flames!" section with a similar 3091-appropriate time frame introduction, "Peace Is An Illusion".