Air-Launched Arrow Missile
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
The Air-Launched Arrow Missile was developed by the Terran Hegemony in 2600 as a companion to the ground-based Arrow IV. The design was similarly lost during the destruction of the Succession Wars until it was recovered by the Capellan Confederation in 3046 in an effort to make up for the lack of ground-based launchers. While offering incredibly destructive potential, the enormous drag created by the weapon makes it an unpopular choice for pilots.
Air-Launched Arrow Missiles weigh 1 ton and take up 5 bomb slots. They function the same as regular Arrow missiles, however they may not be fired by units at an altitude of 3 or lower on the Low Altitude map.
- Tactical Operations, pp. 358-359, "Air-Launched Arrow Missile"