|Primary writing||Randall N. Bills |
Jason M. Hardy
Steven Mohan Jr.
|Cover Artwork||Michael Komarck (Original Cover Art) |
Doug Chaffee (2018 Edition)
|Illustrations||Doug Chaffee |
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||2008 / 2018|
|Preceded by||Total Warfare|
|Followed by||Strategic Operations|
Tac Ops was awarded Best Miniatures Rules at Origins in 2009.
In June 2020 the content of Tactical Operations was split into two new books that are sold separately: Tactical Operations: Advanced Rules and Tactical Operations: Advanced Units & Equipment. The original joined edition is no longer available.
From the back cover
|“||Take your warfare to a whole new level of excitement! Deploy under cover of exotic weather and severe planetary conditions. Surprise your enemy with your mastery of new battlefield tactics—from artillery to command-level comms to minefields—as well as cutting-edge, prototype technologies! A daring commander can take advantage of any or all of these... if he's brave enough to seize the moment!
Tactical Operations is the one-source reference for advanced rules that apply to on-world operations. It includes new movement and combat options, an extensive Advanced Weapons and Equipment section, and the rules for playing and constructing advanced Support Vehicles and Mobile Structures.
- Tactical Analysis
- Advanced Ground Movement
- Advanced Combat
- Advanced Buildings
- General Rules
- Unsung Technologies
- Advanced Support Vehicles Construction
- Advanced Weapons and Equipment
- Advanced Battle Values
- Record Sheets
- Tactical Operations Errata is available here.
- The trademarked title for the first printing was Classic BattleTech Tactical Operations. In 2010 printing the trademark was shortened to BattleTech Tactical Operations.
- In 2018, republication of the book was issued, with reused vintage cover art from the First Publication of the Second Edition CityTech boxed set by Doug Chaffee.
- Equipment ratings for Advanced and Experimental Equipment were updated in Technical Readout: Prototypes for the game year 3090.
- In June of 2020 Tactical Operations was split into two volumes, Tactical Operations: Advanced Units & Equipment and Tactical Operations: Advanced Rules.
The cover of the first printing with errata (2010). Classic has been removed from the BattleTech header.