- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Primary writing|| Randall N. Bills |
Jason M. Hardy
Steven Mohan Jr.
|Cover artwork|| Michael Komarck (Original Cover Art) |
Doug Chaffee (2018 Edition)
|Illustrations|| Doug Chaffee |
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||2008 / 2018|
|Series||Core Rule Books|
|Preceded by||Total Warfare|
|Followed by||Strategic Operations|
Tac Ops was awarded Best Miniatures Rules at Origins in 2009.
From the back cover
|“|| Take your warfare to a whole new level of excitement! Deploy under cover of exotic weather and severe planetary conditions. Surprise your enemy with your mastery of new battlefield tactics—from artillery to command-level comms to minefields—as well as cutting-edge, prototype technologies! A daring commander can take advantage of any or all of these... if he's brave enough to seize the moment!
Tactical Operations is the one-source reference for advanced rules that apply to on-world operations. It includes new movement and combat options, an extensive Advanced Weapons and Equipment section, and the rules for playing and constructing advanced Support Vehicles and Mobile Structures.
- Tactical Analysis
- Advanced Ground Movement
- Glancing Blow
- Advanced Combat
- Advanced Buildings
- Bloody Divisions
- Advanced Support Vehicles
- Into the Fire
- General Rules
- Unsung Technologies
- Advanced Support Vehicles Construction
- Advanced Weapons and Equipment
- Advanced Battle Values
- Record Sheets
- Tactical Operations Errata is available here.
- In 2018, republication of the book was issued, with re-used vintage cover art from the First Publication of the Second Edition CityTech boxed set by Doug Chaffee.