|Use|| MilitiaMech |
|Introduced||Early Republic Era|
|Mech type||Clan IndustrialMech|
The Araña is a medium Quad MilitiaMech, which is designed to serve as a planetary militia 'Mech for the newly formed Escorpion Imperio in the Deep Periphery. Designed by Clan Goliath Scorpion, it was created in order to allow the former Nueva Castile citizenry to serve alongside the Clan's dwindling touman.
The 'Mech began production in 3087. The Clan funded Quixote Industries on the world of Navarre and furnished the Clan technology to produce the 'Mech. The design was created to partner with the smaller Reptar MilitiaMech. Unlike its sibkin, the Araña was designed to provide fire-support to the sniper-like Reptar and as a deterrent against enemy scouts using its Clan-produced weaponry.
Weapons and Equipment
Built on an IndustrialMech frame, the Araña is fitted with nine-and-a-half tons of heavy industrial-grade armor, allowing it to survive the rigors of combat. Its quadruped leg configuration also gives it considerable stability as it traverses rough terrain and added stability for green MechWarriors.
The 'Mech is powered by a 200-rated fusion engine, giving the Araña sufficient mobility for it to keep up with its partner, the Reptar. The inclusion of a fusion engine provides ample energy to power the 'Mech's main weaponry. Mounted on a turret in the right torso, the Araña's main guns come in the form of three Clan-produced ER Medium Lasers. These Clan-grade lasers allows the 'Mech to pack a considerable amount firepower in an area of space known for its low technology. An Advanced Fire Control is fitted to the design to allow it be able to target with military precision.
The 'Mech has the following Equipment Rating: F/X-X-F (Advanced)
The Araña has the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the Araña
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 108-110 & 117 Araña - BV2
- MUL profile for the Araña - Includes BV2 and era it was introduced.
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 108-110, Araña - Background
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, pp. 108-110 & 117, Araña - Stats
- Profile for the Araña - Alpha Strike Card Info.
- Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, p. 39