Bearhunter Superheavy Support Autocannon
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
The "Bearhunter" Superheavy Autocannon is a variation of the Semi-Portable Autocannon developed by Clan Hell's Horses. As one of the few Clans proficient in deploying conventional infantry, Clan Hell's Horses designed the "Bearhunter" to improve their offensive capabilities by using three rotating barrels to prevent overheating and achieve a greater rate of fire than the original at the expense of cost and effective range. Also, like the semi-portable autocannon, the "Bearhunter" cannot incorporate recoil compensators but can be used by a single individual by means of a gyroscopic harness.
While originally a Hell's Horses design, the "Bearhunter" fell into the hands of Clan Ghost Bear during the Hell's Horses' ill-fated raids into the Ghost Bear Dominion. At the end of the Dominion War, the Ghost Bears turned on the Hell's Horses, seizing all three of their Inner Sphere worlds along with examples of the "Bearhunter" for use by their own infantry forces.
- Combat Equipment, pp. 14-15, "Bearhunter Superheavy Support Autocannon"
- A Time of War, p. 273, "Machine Gune Support Weapons - Table"