Bearhunter Superheavy Support Autocannon
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
The "Bearhunter" Superheavy Autocannon is a variation of the Semi-Portable Autocannon developed by Clan Hell's Horses. As one of the few Clans proficient in deploying conventional infantry, Clan Hell's Horses designed the "Bearhunter" to improve their offensive capabilities by using three rotating barrels to prevent overheating and achieve a greater rate of fire than the original at the expense of cost and effective range. Also, like the semi-portable autocannon, the "Bearhunter" cannot incorporate recoil compensators but can be used by a single individual by means of a gyroscopic harness.
While originally a Hell's Horses design, the "Bearhunter" fell into the hands of Clan Ghost Bear during the Hell's Horses' ill-fated raids into the Ghost Bear Dominion. At the end of the Dominion War, the Ghost Bears turned on the Hell's Horses, seizing all three of their Inner Sphere worlds along with examples of the "Bearhunter" for use by their own infantry forces.
- Combat Equipment, pp. 14-15, "Bearhunter Superheavy Support Autocannon"
- A Time of War, p. 273, "Machine Gune Support Weapons - Table"