The Brandenberg Edicts were a set of policies issued by Archon Katherine Steiner in 2413, which reshaped the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces rank structure to ones adapted from those used by the Federal Republic of Germany in the twentieth century, relationship to government and streamlined its operations. The Edicts, a version of which was published by Commonwealth Military Press for the LCAF in 2414, also provided:
- Rules regarding the attendance of social functions by senior LCAF officers; and
- For the abolishing of miliary life peerages, such as Duke, Count, and Baron, which had been awarded to bolster military egos.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 17: "The BattleMech Era"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 12
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 15